Tuesday, April 19, 2016

#492 IaaS - Communication between Instances

Introduction

Many scenarios here, weblogic communicating with the database, for example.

I am going to make it even easier.
I will just create a second instance, as per the post #490.





Now I want to open communications between these 2 Oracle cloud instances.
I will open port 23 for tcp.


Step 1 is to create a new Security List



























Step 2 is to add the Instance to the Security List
















I do the same for VM1.
Here I create a new Security list - NiallC-VM-DB-Seclist























Step 3 is to create a Security Application, essentially opening port 23 for tcp

































Step 4 is to create a Security Rule leveraging the above Security Application
and the 2 Security Lists















Testing via Telnet

I have installed telnet server on VM1










I have installed telnet client on VM, and, as you can see,
I can connect successfully.









































No comments: